An industrial design is the ornamental or aesthetic aspect of an article. The design may consist of three-dimensional features, such as the shape or surface of an article, or of two dimensional features, such as patterns, lines or colour.
Design law in Pakistan is governed under 1 legislation:
- The Design Ordinance 2000
- Filing of design application in the IP office
- Examination of application
- If all terms are satisfied by the Registrar, then it is registered
- Issuance of a Registration Certificate for 10
- Full name, nationality and complete business address of the applicant.
- Representations of the design (line drawings/photographs) (6 copies of each view).
- Power of Authority duly signed by authorized signatory of applicant before a Notary Public.
- In case of priority application, certified Priority documents can be filed either at the time of filing of the application or can be filed within three months from the date of filing of application with late fee. Priority can be claimed for corresponding applications filed in WTO member countries by filing applications in Pakistan within six months from the date of first foreign application. If priority document is other than English language, English translation of the same along with affidavit from the translator verified/attested by Notary Public is required for submission in the Patent Office.
- Design searches
- Filing new applications
- Design registrations
- Legal actions